- 500g Thinnai Organic Chicken thighs
- 2 large Tomato, chopped
- 1 large Onion, chopped finely
- 5 Green Chillies, ground
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 3cm piece Ginger, ground
- 3 Cardamoms pods
- ¼ tablespoon Thinnai Foods Curry powder
- 1 table spoon oil
- A few Fresh curry leaves
- Water, as required
- Pepper, Lime juice and Salt To taste
- Coriander leave – for garnish
- Skin and de bone chicken, then cut into bite sized pieces.
- Heat 1tablespoon of oil in a large, non-stick pan. When hot, add the onion and curry leaves. Fry, stirring constantly until the onions are nearly brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chili’s and continue frying for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces, salt, tomatoes, curry powder and cardamoms, then stir constantly for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add a little water if the chicken is too dry.
- Braise/ cook over low heat until the meat is tender. Season with pepper. Turn off the fire and add lime juice. Garnish with a sprig of coriander leaves.
Serve as a bite, with Roast paan or String hoppers