- 250 grams Ladies fingers
- 4 Onions, sliced
- 3 Green chillies, minced
- ½ teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Roasted fennel powder
- 1 tablespoon Thinnai Foods Curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon Asafoetida Powder
- A few fresh Curry leaves
- 200 ml Coconut milk (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Sesame oil
- Lime juice and Salt to taste
- Rinse, dry and cut the okra diagonally into 2cm (1”) pieces. It is important to rinse the okra and dry them before cutting, else it will release a slimy substance that compromises the taste of the dish.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a frying pan and sauté the fennel seeds for 1 minute. Add the onions, garlic, chillies and curry leaves. As the onions brown, add the okra and stir well. Cover.
- When the okra is slightly cooked, add the curry powder, asafetida powder and salt to taste. Add the coconut milk (if using)
- Let it cook further in its own moisture. Remove. Sprinkle the fennel powder and lime juice. Mix well. Serve.
Serve with Rice