A light and healthy Chinese Chicken recipe combining sweet and savory flavors.
- 750 grams Thinnai Organic skinless chicken breast cut in to cubes
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 onions thinly sliced green onions cut diagonally
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water or chicken stock
- 2-3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Mix the cubed chicken together with salt, pepper, and cornstarch. Ensure the chicken is evenly coated.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken in a single layer and cook until golden and cooked through, around 8 minutes. Add garlic
and cook for 1-2 more minutes until garlic is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine all sauce ingredients.
Pour the sauce over the cooked chicken into the pan and stir to coat It should take about 2-3 minutes to
- Stir in the green onions and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Serve immediately over steamed Basmathi rice.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
- Calories: 395kcal
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Protein: 38g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Sodium: 1267mg
- Potassium: 749mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 18g
- Vitamin A: 208IU
- Vitamin C: 5mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- Iron: 2mg