Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes 6 no’s parathas.
- 2 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Thinnai Organic Moringa leaves, chopped
- ¼ Cup Gram flour
- 1tsp Green chilli chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped Onion
- 1tsp chopped Ginger
- 2 tbsp Coriander seeds crushed
- 2 tsp Cummin seeds crushed
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 to 3 tbsp oil or ghee to use as required. (for kneading, rolling and roasting)
Combine the above ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add water a little at a time and kneed, in order to
make a stiff non sticky dough.
Once the dough is mixed well rub in a dash of oil around it and let it rest for 10 minutes.
Divide into portion sized balls. Sprinkle flour on a dry surface and roll to desired thickness.
When rolling out the paratha remember to roll in it in folds in order that it layers when cooked.
Cook on a lightly oiled griddle turning occasionally until brown spots appear on the paratha