- 3 packs Thinnai Organic Chicken whole legs
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Onions. 1 roughly chopped and 1 sliced
- 100g tomato
- 100g ginger roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp each, ground cumin, coriander & cinnamon
- 1 butternut squash (Battana) /pumpkin, deserved and cut into chunks
- 500ml water or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vinegar.
- Heat 2tbsp oil in a pan and brown chicken. Remove from pan and place on a plate.
- Place chopped onion, tomato, ginger and garlic in a processor and make a rough paste.
- In the same pan, Fry sliced onion in remaining 1tbsp oil until soft. Add turmeric, coriander, cinnamon and fry until fragrant. Add the paste and fry for a few minutes until soft.
- Return chicken to pan along with pumpkin, stock or water, brown sugar and vinegar.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat cover and cook for 30-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Add salt to taste if required prior to serving.
Serve with Cous cous or flat bread and a cucumber salad.