Roasting Ladies Fingers in olive oil is one of the simplest ways to prepare it, and it takes the slime away!
Prep Time : 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time : 30min
- 500g. fresh Thinnai Organic Ladies Fingers (350 grams after trimming)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or ½ teaspoon sea salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 230 degrees Celsius .
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse the ladies fingers and dry it on a kitchen towel. Trim the ends.
- Place the ladies fingers in a large bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Transfer the ladies fingers to the prepared baking sheet. Roast it until lightly browned and tender, about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through baking. Serve immediately.
In order to improve the texture of this vegetable and remove its slime, you’ll want to make sure you roast it at very high heat. So set your oven to 230°C. In many recipes, you can play a little with the oven temperature, but here, I highly recommend sticking with a truly hot oven.
- Serving: 0.3recipe
- Calories: 117kcal
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 2g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 373mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 1g