An easy to put together recipe packed with flavour which we are sure will become a staple with your family.
- 4 teaspoon smoked paprika, paprika or chilli powder
- 4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Kg Thinnai Organic Chicken breasts
- 2 onions sliced into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 210 C.
- In a large bowl mix together the spices, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic. Add the chicken and onions and give everything a good mix. Ensure the chicken is well coated.
- Leave in the fridge to marinade for and hour or two if possible, but you can cook it right away if short of time.
- Arrange the chicken and mixture in a baking dish and pop into the preheated oven for 40-45 mins, or until the chicken is brown and crispy on the edges.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the oven and allow to rest for about 5 mins before cutting it into slices.
Served with steamed rice or as a filling in a wrap
Preperation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 45 minutes