- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 60g butter, melted
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1.2kg Thinnai Organic pumpkin, unpeeled, scrubbed, deseeded, cut into 4 wedges
- 100g feta, thinly sliced
- 45g (1 ⁄4 cup) pepitas (edible pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, plus extra leaves, to serve
- 35g (1 ⁄3 cup) almonds or cashew nuts, toasted
- 25g (1 ⁄3 cup) grated parmesan
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 60ml (1 ⁄4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Line a rimmed baking tray with baking paper.
- Step 2
Combine the oil butter and paprika in a bowl. Rub the mixture over the pumpkin to coat. Place on prepared tray. Drizzle over any remaining oil mixture in the bowl. Season. Roast for 45-55 minutes or until the pumpkin is golden, caramelised and crispy around edges.
- Step 3
To make the pesto, combine the basil, almonds or cashew nuts, parmesan and garlic in a small food processor. Process until finely chopped. Gradually add the oil in a thin, steady stream while the motor is still running, until the mixture is almost smooth. Add the lemon juice and process until well combined. Season.
- Step 4
Cut a slit in the center of each pumpkin wedge. Insert a piece of feta into the slit (or sit it in the curve of the wedge). Sprinkle with pepitas and drizzle over a little of the butter mixture in the base of the tray. Roast for 5 minutes or until the feta softens slightly and pepitas are toasted.
- Step 5
Top the pumpkin with spoonsful of pesto and sprinkle with extra basil leaves. Drizzle over pan juices to serve.
Preperation time 25 minutes
Cooking time 1 hour