- 500g Thinnai Organic skinless breast, deboned and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoons cold water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium or light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 medium head broccoli, cleaned and cut into florets (approx. 5 cups)
- salt and pepper to taste if necessary
- sesame seeds, for garnishing
In a large skillet add the oils and chicken and cook over medium-high heat, stirring regularly for about 5
minutes, or until chicken is nearly cooked through.
Dissolve the cornstarch and water in a small bowl set slurry aside.
Place a medium saucepan on the stove and add the brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, chili
garlic sauce, ginger, stir to combine, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Allow mixture to bubble
gently for 1 minute.
After the mixture is boiling, add the cornstarch slurry, whisk to combine, and allow the sauce to boil and
thicken for 2 to 3 minutes; whisking nearly constantly.
Push the chicken to one side of the skillet, add the broccoli to the other side, evenly pour the sauce over
the chicken and broccoli, and gently stir to combine and coat evenly.
Cover skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, or until broccoli is as crisp-tender as desired.
Add salt and pepper if necessary, evenly sprinkle with the sesame seeds, and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- CALORIES: 517TOTAL
- FAT: 16g
- SATURATED FAT: 3g
- TRANS FAT: 0g
- UNSATURATED FAT: 12g
- SODIUM: 1106mg
- CARBOHYDRATES: 43g
- FIBER: 8g
- SUGAR: 25g
- PROTEIN: 52g
This information is provided as a courtesy and is as estimate only