- 2 no’s Thinnai Organic eggplant
- 120ml (½ cup oil) , divided
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 225 g (1 and a half onion), chopped
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 250g (1 cup tomato sauce)
- 240ml (1 cup vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- water, as needed
- 15g (⅓ cup) fresh coriander
- Cut the eggplant into medium sized pieces.
- In a frying pan, use half of the oil and lightly fry the eggplant.
- Remove them from the pan.
- Using the same pan, add the remaining oil and when heated add the cumin seeds and chopped garlic.
- Fry for 15 seconds, and add the onion and red pepper flakes. Fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the eggplants and stir for a minute. Then add the ketchup and mix well.
- Add the vinegar and mix. Cover the pan and keep on low heat for 8 minutes.
- Remove lid, add the salt and a little bit of water (if necessary). Cook for 4 minutes without the lid.
- Sprinkle the coriander over and turn off the heat.
Serve with plain rice or biriyani.